Christmas is one of those miraculous occasions in life filled with wonder, love, and laughter that create eternal memories that are forever a part of our hearts and minds.
Christmas brings the promise of new beginnings, new love, and rekindled love. While spending quality time together, families share stories, eat lots of good food and pie, and fill the room with laughter as they make memories that will last a lifetime.
And if you are anything like me, I know you have Christmas stories that are repeated every year when family gathers – and sometimes, the story changes ever so slightly. Nonetheless, it is a Christmas story the family never forgets.
I am collaborating with women to share Christmas stories with the world. Stories that will inspire, make someone smile, and are filled with love, sweetness, and laughter. Families will share this book of Christmas stories during the holidays and create conversation around the fireplace with their hot cocoa in hand and love in their hearts.
Christmas Wonder, Love and Laughter
An enchanting collection of messages, memories, and miracles
Christmas Wonder, Love & Laughter will spread Christmas cheer, Christmas love, and Christmas wonder throughout the land. This collection of short stories is perfect for curling up on the sofa, sitting around a fire roasting marshmallows, or for reading aloud at your holiday dinner.
These stories will inspire our readers to recall and reflect on their own Christmas memories, loves, and dreams for many years to come.
My hope is that this Christmas book will encourage reflection, spark fresh ideas, inspire new dreams, and instill an appreciation for life. These stories will focus on happiness, and shine a bright light on love and kindness during a time when we are all celebrating life. But most of all, I want to bring families together through the power of our stories.
Who am I looking for?
Women who want to co-author a book featuring Christmas stories, crafts, recipes and more that will be shared by families for years to come.
- Share a Christmas memory that left you awe-struck that you will forever cherish. A life-changing marvelous discovery. A soul- inspiring remarkable wonder. An astonishing Christmas miracle. An amazing surprise or gift. Or perhaps a Christmas season decision made, new goal dreamed, move made or unexpected change event that became a big blessing. Share why this memory is still so dear to you or how this event impacted your life.
- Share what you love about Christmas – its smells, sights, sounds. Perhaps a memory of celebrating Christmas with a special someone, a cherished time with family, or beloved holiday traditions. Maybe you’re dreaming of sharing Christmas with someone you love. Your Christmas love may be what you love now or what you’ve loved in the past or dream for your future. Share how your Christmas love has impacted your life or why it is so important to you.
- Share about a holiday mishap that turned into a hilarious memory. Or share about quirky traditions that bring a smile when recalled from days gone by. Perhaps holiday parties with friends and family that included fun and silly light-hearted activities that are forever embedded in your happiest memories. Memories of doing for others and giving the gifts of joy and laughter. A testament to the love of life and joy of Christmas celebrations.
- Share directions for making holiday crafts or recipes and your memory about creating or cooking these with loved ones. Share homemade gift ideas and your memory in making these.
These are ONLY ideas to get you started thinking! The possibilities are truly endless.
You are sharing YOUR Christmas legacy!
- December 2017 – Plan to have your own author photo shoot in a Christmas setting for marketing and promotional use.
- January 31, 2018 – First drafts due
- March 18 – Edited first drafts returned to authors
- April 18 – Final drafts due from authors
- June 1 – Author bios and photos due
- June 15 – Final author stories, bios and photos sent to book designer
- July 9 – Receive final book files from designer for final review by me and editor
- July 16 – Upload of book to IngramSpark
- July 30 – Order book proof and send authors their ordering info for wholesale ordering
- August 13 – Place IngramSpark order for complimentary author copies, author orders, launch party sales
- September 17–22 – Launch party week with an in-person launch author reception and virtual party
- October–December – Book/author signing tour in each author’s hometown area
Your Author Fee: $247
This fee includes:
- Two complimentary author copies of book
- Editing of your story – from start to finish
- Social media images for book promotion
- Access to the book launch party
As a Co-Author you:
- Can order additional copies at wholesale price for reselling at your own events and on your website
- Maintain copyright ownership of your stories
- Will be listed on the Ranch House Press Shop Catalog web page that features all author bios and photos
- Will have a fully portable ISBN assignment with online worldwide distribution with Ingram Spark
- Will be available on Amazon, the Ranch House Press Web Shop and Etsy Store and on individual author’s websites and at selected events
- Will be full-color hardcover and black/white interior with illustrated section pages and illustrated story title pages
Share your mealtime memories, stories of decking the halls while getting the tree, decorating the tree or your favorite ornaments, celebrating the Christ Child with nativity scene traditions, sharing your favorite songs or movies, that super memorable Christmas mishap, or perhaps stories of a family gift-giving tradition.
Pay in full — $247
Pay in two installments – 2 payments of $130
Pay in four installments – 4 payments of $75
Once you submit your partial or full payment, you will receive all the details for your next steps.
Pay In Full
Pay In 2 Installments
- Pay in 2 installments of $130
Pay In 4 Installments
- Pay in 4 installments of $75
A Few Questions You May Have
When will the book be published?
The book will be published in early Fall of 2018 just in time for the Christmas 2018 shopping season!
Can I submit more than one story?
YES! Please do! Share a beloved Christmas memory. Tell about family traditions of yore or new ones. Holiday crafts and decorating memories and tips. Party and meal memories and ideas. The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!
Is there a word limit on the story I submit?
YES AND NO! If writing a memory story, then think UNDER 1000 words. There is no story that is TOO SHORT! For example, you might have three or four super short memories, craft, recipe you want to share. You don’t have to write a long story.
What if I have a story idea but don’t know how to begin?
No worries! Our editor can help you decide how to say exactly what you want to say. Story writing is a process. Don’t feel your first draft must be perfect. Our wonderful editor will be holding your fabulous hand every step of the way.
When do I get started?
How long should the author bio be?
Your bio should be 100-150 words. Examples can be provided.
What type of photo would be best?
Your photo can be a headshot or it can be a photo of you in a Christmas setting. The main requirement is the photo resolution. For printing, the resolution must be over 1 MB (Windows) or over 1000 KB (Mac). If you are unsure about how to check resolution, we can assist you.
What if I have a question that is not listed here?
No problem. You can send me an email to AnnetteBridges@gmail.com